Greystones Family Resource Centre offers support to individuals and families through the following programmes:
- Play therapy is provided at a low cost for 3-18 year olds. It works to help children safely work through their emotions and improve behavioral issues and relationships. For more information, click here
- We also offer low cost teen and adult counselling for anyone who wants help at any time, who is unhappy with his or her present circumstances and hopes for change, or who wishes to make progress in personal development. Counselling is valuable as an aid to personal growth, can help to develop assertiveness and self-confidence, and improve your sense of well-being. It is of particular relevance in times of crisis or transition and can also be a help in problem solving.
Domestic Violence: The GFRC works in partnership with the Bray Women’s Refuge. Our community based domestic violence service works with women, men and children who are victims of domestic violence by providing support in the following areas:
- Support and assistance to victims of crime
- Court accompaniment for victims of crime
- Counselling service
- Support and assistance to child victims of crime
Rainbows Programme: If there is a bereavement in the family or parents separate, children may find it difficult to verbalise their feelings of grief because of their age and inexperience. It may surface in their behaviour, schoolwork and emotional well-being.
Rainbows is not a counselling group. It is a safe, confidential listening service where children can share their grief associated feelings with each other and with trained Facilitators to help them build a stronger sense of self-esteem and begin to adapt to what has taken place in the family.
Please contact us if you would like further information.